ON-ICE OFFICIAL FORMS
Referee-in-Chief: ROB BUSHELL can be reached at C:250-804-9989 H:250-832-4210 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ON-ICE OFFICIALS FORMS
- HOCKEY CANADA INJURY REPORT FORM (must be completed for all injuries that fall under the BC HOCKEY definition of an injury)
- INCIDENT REPORT FORM (MUST CREATE)
- SAMHA END OF SEASON ON-ICE OFFICIAL QUESTIONNAIRE (Not active until the end of 2017-18 Season) (ROB BUSHELL to send in questions first MUST CREATE)
- QUICK ONLINE FORM FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTRESTED IN BECOMING A ON-LINE OFFICIAL (MUST CREATE)
- CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK PAPER FORM (ONLY USE PAPER FORM IF REQUESTED TO DO SO)
If you are 19 or older criminal record checks can be submitted online
1. Go to: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
2. Enter Access Code: FY4HH6R6BN and follow submission instructions.
*** Be sure to keep your session ID number for your records***
MOST SUBMISSIONS WILL BE COMPLETE AFTER STEP 2.
HOWEVER, IN SOME SITUATIONS YOU MAY BE PROMPTED ONLINE OR BY MAIL THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE
ONE (1) OF THE FOLLOWING:
UNABLE TO VERIFY - PLEASE PRINT OUT: If you experience issues with the online program verifying your information, it may request you to print out the application. If this occurs please sign and email or mail, along with two scanned copies of two (2) pieces of government issued I.D. to email@example.com / 6671 Oldfield Road, Saanichton BC V8M
2A1. BC Hockey will then forward these copies to the Ministry of Justice.
CONFIRMATION OF IDENTIFICATION:
If requested to provide proof of identification, please email legible scan or photo of two (2) pieces of government issued I.D. to firstname.lastname@example.org with your session ID Number. BC Hockey will forward these copies to the Ministry of Justice and issue a ‘Temporary’ CRC approval, which will allow for HCOP clinic registration.
If requested to complete Finger Printing, please do so at your local Police detachment ASAP. Send confirmation of your finger print submission to email@example.com. There may
be a charge for the finger printing service dependent upon the police station you visit. Should you wish to be provided a letter of reference that identifies you as a volunteer with BC Hockey to assist in a waiving of this fee please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are 18 or younger criminal record checks must be manually
1. Fill out the form CRC form for 18 or younger , ensure all areas are completed and signed.
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK PAPER FORM FOR 18YRS AND YOUNGER APPLICANTS
2. Then email or mail the signed form along with scanned copies of two (2) pieces of government issued I.D. to email@example.com / 6671 Oldfield Road, Saanichton BC V8M 2A1. BC Hockey will then forward these copies to the Ministry of Justice.You will receive an email confirmation that the forms have been received. As well as a confirmation
when the completed and approved forms have been received back from the Ministry of Justice. This process can take 4-6 weeks.
***IMPORTANT NOTE WITH CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS***
- Criminal Record Checks are due every three (3) years. BC HOCKEY sends three (3) notices directly to the ON-ICE OFFICIAL. One goes out in February, notifying all officials that have a CRC expiry this July of that fact. The second will go out at the end of June to any Official that has not submitted as of February. That will be one (1) month in advance of the July 31 expiry. A third notice will go out in August for anyone that did not comply.
- The ONLINE Criminal Record Check process was introduced by the officiating program in 2014 and is free of charge. The Officiating Getting started page has a link in STEP #2 on the following webpage that provides the CRC application information. http://www.bchockey.net/Officiating/GettingStarted.aspx
- An official that will be 18 years of age or older as of December 31st of the current calendar year requires a CRC. The officials that are 17 turning 18 are given notices similar to those in #1 above. Officials can apply for their CRC when they are still 17 and anyone 18 years or under requesting a CRC have a specific form that requires parental consent to submit the CRC. The specific information for 18 year of age and is also located on the CRC information page. Anyone 19 years or older can use the full online submission process.
- ***We do not send out a list of delinquents for CRCs anymore because an ON-ICE OFFICIAL is required to have a CRC prior to registration for a clinic. Therefore, they cannot certify without a valid CRC. Anyone that is actively certified has a CRC***